Corporations Law, 5th edition
An accessible and comprehensive text for law and business students covering the full range of topics taught in an undergraduate corporations law course.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Corporations Law, 5th Edition by Colin Anderson, Jennifer Dickfos, Margaret Hyland, Marina Nehme and Andrew Dahdal is an accessible text covering the full range of topics taught in a corporations law course. It adopts a structure which helps students develop a greater understanding of the core subject. Key areas of study are identified and complex legal concepts are demystified.
This new edition continues to adopt a straightforward style with a particular emphasis on problem solving, allowing students to develop their critical thinking skills and practise responding to legal problem questions.
- Key concepts covered
- Practice questions and suggested answers to develop problem-solving skills
- Further reading to springboard research and deeper understanding of the topic
- Comprehensive and innovative suite of online resources
Harris, Hargovan & Adams, Australian Corporate Law, 5th Edition, 2015
Austin & Ramsay, Ford, Austin and Ramsay’s Principles of Corporations Law, 16th Edition, 2014
Harris, LexisNexis Study Guide: Corporations Law, 3rd Edition, 2014
Table of contents
Part I – Fundamentals of Australian Corporate Law
- The commercial and legal context of companies
- Incorporation, registration and the company constitution
- The effects of incorporation
- Limits of the separate legal entity doctrine
Part II – Internal and External Relations
- Company contracts and dispositions
- Internal financial relations
- Accounts and disclosure of financial information
- Directors Duties I: Duties of Directors
- Duties II: Secretaries and Other Officers
Part III - Corporate Finance Law and Practice
- Share capital
- Fundraising I: Prospectuses
- Fundraising II: Protection of investors
- Fundraising III: Managed investment schemes
- Debt finance and debt securities
Part IV – Remedies in Corporate Law
- Remedies I: Abuse of power and members’ personal actions
- Remedies II: The derivative action and other remedies
Part V – Companies in Financial Distress
- Arrangements with creditors in insolvency
New!Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law Consequences and Remedies, 3rd editionNew!Release Date: October 15, 2021AUD$ 25.00
New!Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law Directors’ Duties, 5th editionNew!Release Date: October 15, 2021AUD$ 26.99
Corporations Law, 5th edition (eBook)Release Date: October 01, 2016AUD$ 138.00