Corporate Governance in Non-Bank Financial Entities
Corporate Governance in Non-Bank Financial Entities is an essential analysis of governance in the non-bank financial sector
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This ground-breaking book provides a comprehensive legal review of the Australian non-bank financial sector. It analyses and explains its evolution since deregulation in 1981 until today. It explores non-bank financial entities (including managed investment schemes and superannuation funds), which largely have not been examined in the recent Banking Royal Commission and other inquiries.
The author quantifies and explains the causes of systemic and cyclical failure of the law in the sector, bringing together the various sources of law applicable to the various types of legal entity, and also explains the difficulties and choices faced by directors and trustees of these entities. In doing so, he positions current regulation in the business context. A comparative analysis of regulation in other jurisdictions identifies both successful and unsuccessful strategies for the sector. The author puts forward suggestions for reform by way of guidance for future policy development and its implementation in law.
Corporate Governance in Non-Bank Financial Entities is essential reading for legal and corporate advisors in the financial sector, and a valuable resource on the duties of directors and trustees of the affected entities.
- Unique and comprehensive analysis
- Underpinned by in-depth, qualitative research
- Identifies the causes of regulatory failure and consequent impacts on investors and the Australian economy more broadly
- Provides concrete suggestions for reform
- Austin, Ford & Ramsay, Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance, 2005
- Baxt, Black & Hanrahan, Securities and Financial Services Law, 9th ed, 2016
- Farrar & Hanrahan, Corporate Governance, 2017
- Gamertsfelder, Governance and Conduct Obligations in Financial Services, 2016
- Taylor & Juchau, Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management, 8th ed, 2017
Table of contents
- Non-Bank Financial Entities and their Importance
- Evolution of the Law of NBFE Governance 1981-2019: The Four Ages
- NBFE Director and Trustee Duties
- Evolution and Meaning of ‘Best Interest’ Duties
- Evolution and Meaning of Fiduciary Duty
- NBFE Corporate Governance in Comparative Jurisdictions (Singapore, Germany (& European Union), United Kingdom, Canada, United States
- The Application of Comparative Law to Australian NBFE Corporate Governance
- The Profession of Director in Australia
Securities and Financial Services Law, 9th editionAUD$ 168.00
Corporate GovernanceAUD$ 167.00
Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate GovernanceAUD$ 360.00
Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management, 8th EditionAUD$ 180.00
Governance and Conduct Obligations in Financial ServicesAUD$ 144.00