Contract Administration for Construction Professionals
Clear and comprehensive coverage of Australian construction contracts
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Designed specifically for construction students and professionals, and written by a team of construction law experts, this book covers contract administration topics integral to all construction management-related degrees. It provides both students and professionals practising construction contract administration with the essential content and knowledge for effective contract management.
Clauses from four Australian standard forms of construction contract along with relevant case law and legislation are reviewed and explained in a practical and accessible manner to give readers a full understanding of each topic. Tutorial and multiple-choice questions for students are included for each chapter, making the book a complete resource to support teaching and learning.
• Written in plain English not ‘legalese’
• Strong pedagogy to assist learning
• Includes visual materials such as flowcharts and photographs provided by the author
• Concise and accessible commentary
• Comprehensive structure aligned to construction administration units of study
• User-friendly format for construction students and professional construction contract managers
• Includes multiple-choice and tutorial questions
• Coggins, Evans & Davie, Understanding Construction Law, 2nd ed, 2020
• Cremean, Whitten & Sharkey, Brooking on Building Contracts, 6th ed, 2019
• Gerber & Ong, Best Practice in Construction Disputes, 2013
• Wilson, Security of Payment in NSW, Victoria, ACT, Tasmania and SA, 2nd ed, 2015
Table of contents
- An introduction to forms of construction contract
- Latent conditions
- People, property and the works
- Quality and defective works
- Payment under the contract
- Security of payment legislation
- Termination of contract
- Claims and dispute resolution
- Answers to Multiple-Choice Questions