Conflict Management: A Practical Guide, continues to explain the approaches, strategies, tactics and techniques essential to taking a positive approach to conflict. The new edition provides an overview of the major developments and issues concerning alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and incorporates important new developments in the field including in neuro science, affect and conflict theory. The text also includes a chapter on the history and development of ADR in Australia and seeks to describe and contextualise all of the key processes. It is a “broad church” approach to the subject matter which will enable you to understand and apply the key skills necessary for better conflict management. Every chapter contains a series of questions and exercises designed to stimulate and reinforce your thinking and understanding of ADR.
The text will equip you to better practice in key areas including negotiation, mediation, collaborative practice, restorative justice and group facilitation. It will provide you with both key conceptual understandings and techniques to enable you to take a positive approach to conflict in your professional and personal life.
- Covering key areas including negotiation, mediation, collaborative practice, restorative justice and group facilitation.
- Incorporates important new developments in the field including in neuro science, affect and conflict theory.
- Chapters contains a series of questions and exercises designed to stimulate and reinforce your thinking and understanding of ADR.
- Authoritative author in ADR
Alexander, Howieson & Fox, LexisNexis Skills Series: Negotiation Strategy, Style, Skills, 3rd ed, 2015
Boulle & Field, Australian Dispute Resolution Law and Practice, 1st ed, 2016
Holmes & Brown, The International Arbitration Act 1974: A Commentary, 3rd ed, 2018
Legg, Resolving Civil Disputes, 1st ed, 2016
Table of contents
- Understanding Conflict
- Responding to Conflict: Dispute Management Preferences
- Communication: Managing Emotion, Difficult Conversations and Complaints
- The Rise of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Collaborative Practice
- Negotiation: Models, Strategies and Tactics
- Restorative Justice and Conferencing
- Group and Organisational Conflict
- Practical Group Facilitation
New!PreorderAustralian Corporations Legislation 2021 - Student edition (2 Volume Set)New!Release Date: December 17, 2020AUD$ 114.99
Corporations Law: A Custom Publication for Melbourne Law School, 2nd edition, and Australian Corporations Legislation, 2019 edition (Bundle)Release Date: July 01, 2019AUD$ 261.00
New!Principles of Australian Succession Law, 3rd edition and Hutley’s Australian Wills Precedents, 10th edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: December 20, 2020AUD$ 181.90