Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance
Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance is a detailed, scholarly and comprehensive analysis of law and governance as they relate to Australian company directors.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Written by respected authors of Australian corporate law, Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance is a detailed, scholarly and comprehensive analysis of law and governance as they relate to Australian company directors. In particular, the duties of company directors, remedies for breach of these duties, and the structure and operations of the board of directors are examined. Expert commentary on corporate governance, as it relates to company directors, is also provided.
This ground-breaking text is an invaluable addition to existing Australian corporate law knowledge, and is an essential resource for practising lawyers, company directors, company secretaries, inhouse counsel and academics, as well as those with an interest in company directors and corporate governance.
Table of contents
- Issues in Corporate Governance The Structure and Operations of the Board of Directors
- Directors and Authority to Act for a Company
- The Rights of Directors
- The Function and Nature of Directors' Duties
- The Duty to Act with Care and Diligence and the Duty Not to Fetter Discretions
- The Duties to Act in Good Faith in the Best Interests of the Company and for a Proper Purpose
- The Duty to Avoid Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Duty
- Improper Profits and the Appropriation of Corporate Property and Opportunities
- Insolvent Trading and the Protection of Creditors
- The Duty to Act Lawfully, with Power and within Authority
- Duties in Relation to Meetings of Members and Financial Statements
- The Duties and Liabilities of Directors in the Context of Capital Raising
- Common Directorships and Nominee Directors
- Related Parties, Termination Benefits, Insider Trading, and Other Statutory Liabilities
- Concurrent Liability of Directors
- Ratification of Duties; Insurance and Indemnification; Statutory Validation
- Remedies and Penalties
- Members' Derivative Litigation to Enforce Directors' Duties
Ford, Austin and Ramsay’s Principles of Corporations Law, 17th editionRelease Date: March 01, 2018AUD$ 190.00
Ford, Austin and Ramsay’s Principles of Corporations Law, 17th edition (eBook)Release Date: March 01, 2018AUD$ 190.00
Ford, Austin and Ramsay’s Principles of Corporations Law, 17th editionAUD$ 190.00