Commercial Law, 6th Edition
A clear introduction to the principles of Australian commercial and personal property law,
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Commercial Law provides a clear, concise and accessible introduction to the fundamental concepts of commercial law. It describes and explains both the traditional areas of commercial law and other discrete areas of law that are now essential to successful modern commercial practice.
Divided in two, Part I deals exclusively with the foundations of personal property and is written clearly to give a solid understanding of these important principles. Part II presents those concepts fundamental to commercial law, important applications of those concepts and other discrete areas of law relevant to modern commerce.
The straightforward explanations make this an ideal text for students and the up-to-date, practical analysis makes it a valuable reference for any practitioner.
• Succinct accessible coverage of core principles
• Develops sound understanding of commercial law principles
• Expanded treatment of personal property
• Suits a one semester unit
• Graw, Understanding Business Law, 9th edition
• Fitzpatrick et al, Business and Corporation Law, 4th edition
• Ardagh, LexisNexis Questions and Answers Business Law, 2nd edition
Table of contents
- Part I -The Fundamentals of Personal Property Law
- Ch 1 The Objects and Nature of Personal Property
- Ch 2 Ownership and Possession
- Ch 3 Finding
- Ch 4 Accession, Specification and Intermixture
- Part II - Commercial Law
- Ch 5 Agency
- Ch 6 Sale of Goods
- Ch 7 Consumer Transactions
- Ch 8 Transfer of Property And Title In Goods
- Ch 9 Bailment
- Ch 10 Personal Property Security Interests
- Ch 11 Insurance
- Ch 12 Guarantees
- Ch 13 E-Commerce
- Ch 14 Interpretation of commercial contracts