Business and Corporations Law, 4th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Business and Corporations Law, 4th edition is an essential teaching and learning resource on the legal principles applicable to business and company law
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Business and Corporations Law 4th edition introduces students to the foundations of the Australian legal system and the principles that govern contract and corporations law, business structures, and management of companies. It provides an overview of financial reporting and auditing and the foundation concepts pertaining to receivership, voluntary administration and liquidation. This book also explains in clear and plain language the nature of corporate membership and the duties of directors tasked with running the business affairs of the company.
To support learning of course content within the broader business context, this title includes chapter summaries, margin notes, key cases and legislation, diagrams and flowcharts. It also comes with a suite of online resources for both students and lecturers.
- Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11 have been revised extensively, with some material being redistributed between chapters to achieve parity across the book’s twelve-chapter format
- New material on directors, company secretaries, equity versus debt financing, shares and debentures, oppressive conduct and the whistleblowing protection regime has been added
- Additional internet references for further reading and end-of-chapter questions are included where appropriate
Graw, Parker, Whitford, Sangkuhl & Do, Understanding Business Law 9th edition
Table of contents
1. The Australian Legal System
2. Introduction to Contract Law
3. Offer to Contract
4. Terms of Contract Interpretation of Terms and Capacity of Parties
5. Genuine Consent of Parties in Contract Law
6. Discharge of Contract and Remedies for Breach of Contract
7. Business Structures
8. Company Registration and its Consequences; Replaceable Rules and Constitution
9. Company Contracting and Management
10. Directors’ Duties, Members’ Remedies and Whistleblowing Protection
11. Company Finance, Accounts and Financial Reporting, Dividends and Audit
12. External Administration of Companies