Australian Tax 2020 (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Australian Tax 2020 is a text designed to fast track your tax career
Australia has one of the most complex tax systems in the world; thus, the study of tax poses significant challenges. Australian Tax 2020 provides a clear understanding of the basics of the Australian tax system through a step-by-step approach to unravelling complex law.
It provides an overview of the legislation and explains the processes leading to a detailed analysis of the components of the tax equation. Australian Tax 2020 then builds up to a comprehensive research framework for solving complex tax problems.
- Uses a unique three-level tax pyramid approach to demystify taxation policy and the key income tax, FBT and GST tax equations used to calculate tax payable/refundable.
- Provides examples and problems to demonstrate how the step-by-step processes apply in the real world.
- Problems designed for tutorials, lectures, workshops, self-learning, web-based learning and team-based learning.
• Taylor, Walpole, Burton Ciro & Murray, Understanding Taxation Law 2020
• Kenny & Walpole, Concise Tax Legislation 2020
• Fitzpatrick, Business and Corporations Law 4th edition
Table of contents
- The taxpayers and introduction
- Who we don’t tax, free riders and policy
- Income tax basics
- International tax
- Income tax accounting
- Ordinary income
- Statutory income
- Non-assessable income
- Capital gains and losses
- General deductions
- Specific deductions
- Deduction limitations
- Capital allowances
- Superannuation and eligible termination payments
- Special taxpayers
- Fringe benefits tax
- Goods and services
- Tax planning
- Tax administration
- Taxation in practice
- Solving complexity