Australian Labour and Employment Law
Australian Labour and Employment Law is a comprehensive analysis of labour and employment law.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Australian Labour and Employment Law by Professor Marilyn J Pittard and Richard B Naughton is a comprehensive and up-to-date analysis of labour and employment law in Australia for practitioners working in employment relations and human resources. In this first edition, the authors discuss and analyse recent trends in workplace law and approaches to legal regulation in Australia, including the contract of employment arising under the Fair Work Act 2009 and its impact on employers and employees in the workplace. This book offers a comprehensive explanation of the traditional Australian industrial system and the national system of federal regulation national and looks at Australia’s use of international developments in labour and employment law.
This careful analysis also covers institutions and their impact on work arrangements, the nature of employment relationships, employment contracts, employer and employee duties, termination of employment contracts, unfair dismissals, employment conditions, collective agreement making, individual and flexible workplace arrangements, bargaining and the statutory right to strike, protection of workplace rights and freedom of information, trade unions as well as common law controls over industrial action. Australian Labour and Employment Law questions the place of labour law as a major area of study and its relationship with other areas of law. This new edition is accompanied by extensive ancillary material to aid student learning and provide lecturer support.
Table of contents
- Perspectives on Workplace Law and Approaches to Legal Regulation
- Legal Sources of the Employment Relationship
- Institutions and their Impact on Work Arrangements
- Nature of Employment Relationship, Contracting and Concepts of Flexible Engagement
- The content of the contract of employment - use of incorporated material and express and implied terms
- Employer and Employee Duties
- Termination of Employment Contract and Common Law Remedies
- Unfair and discriminatory dismissals: Statutory Framework
- The Traditional Australian Industrial System
- The National System of Federal Regulation: From Conciliation and Arbitration to Contemporary Enterprise Bargaining
- Minimum Labour Standards and Protecting Workers: Awards, Legislation and National and International approaches
- Collective Agreement Making
- Individual and flexible workplace arrangements
- The Bargaining Process and the Statutory Right to Strike
- Protection of Workplace Rights and Freedom of Association under Federal Law
- Trade Unions and the Law
- The right to strike and international standards: concepts and challenges
- Common Law and Statutory Controls over Industrial Action
New!PreorderLuntz & Hambly’s Torts: Cases, Legislation and Commentary, 9th edition and Focus Torts, 9th edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: July 09, 2021AUD$ 225.99
New!PreorderLuntz & Hambly’s Torts: Cases, Legislation and Commentary, 9th edition and Torts Cases and Commentary Supplement: Defamation and Wrongful Interference with Goods, 2nd edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: July 09, 2021AUD$ 170.10
Law of Associations: A Custom Publication for Western Sydney University, Australian Corporations Legislation 2021 (2 Volume Set) (Bundle)Release Date: January 20, 2021AUD$ 192.75