Australian Insolvency Law, 5th edition
An essential introduction to the fundamentals of corporate and personal insolvency law
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Australian Insolvency Law provides an accessible and concise explanation and analysis of the important aspects of both personal and corporate insolvency law and practice.
The fully revised fifth edition takes the reader through the technical and procedural aspects of each regime to provide a clear understanding of fundamental concepts, technical detail and practical issues. International aspects of insolvency law and, in particular the cross border insolvency regime, are also included. Key cases, legislation and further reading are clearly set out, and problems are provided to enable readers to test their knowledge of applicable concepts.
• Assist student understanding
• Assist development of analytical and problem solving skills
• Accessible and easy to read
• Learning objectives
• Problem questions and case studies
• Developed in line with 13-week curriculum<.p>
• Brown & Symes, Australian Insolvency Law Cases and Materials, 2nd edition
• Brown, Quick Reference Card: Insolvency Law, 3rd edition
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- Part 1 – Personal Insolvency
- 2. The Bankruptcy Process and Its Consequences
- 3. The Bankrupt Estate
- 4. Claims Against the Bankrupt Estate
- 5. Alternatives to Bankruptcy
- 6. Other Personal Insolvency Matters
- Part 2 – Corporate Insolvency
- 7. Receivership
- 8. Voluntary Administration (Including Deeds of Company Arrangement) and Small Business Restructuring
- 9. The Liquidation Process and its Consequences
- 10. Property Available for Distribution in Liquidations
- 11. Liquidation Administration, Distribution and Deregistration
- 12. Australian Cross-Border Insolvency Law