Australian Corporate Law, 6th Edition
Now in its sixth edition, Australian Corporate Law has been designed specifically for students undertaking corporations law as part of their business or commerce degree. This text aims to reduce the complexity of corporations law for students by providing clear explanation of legal principles and explaining how corporate law operates within the broader business context.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Now in its sixth edition, Australian Corporate Law has been designed specifically for students undertaking corporations law as part of their business or commerce degree. This text aims to reduce the complexity of corporations law for students by providing clear explanation of legal principles and explaining how corporate law operates within the broader business context. It does this within a specifically designed learning framework that will enhance student learning and understanding of the presented material. The sixth edition has been updated to take account of the latest developments in statute and caselaw. Teaching and learning is supported by a comprehensive and innovative suite of online resources for both students and lecturers.
Austin and Ramsay, Ford, Austin & Ramsay’s Principles of Corporations Law, 17th ed, 2017
Hargovan, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Corporations Law, 2014
Harris, Company Law: Theories, Principles and Applications 2nd ed, 2015
Harris, LexisNexis Study Guide: Corporations Law, 3rd ed, 2014
Table of contents
- The Context of Australian Corporate Law
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission: Role and Powers
- Business Structures
- Partnerships and Associations
- Incorporation and its Effects
- Internal Governance: Constitution and Replaceable Rules
- Corporate Liability: Tort, Crime and Contract
- Promoters: Duties and Liabilities
- Corporate Fundraising
- Debt Finance
- Share Capital and Transactions Affecting Share Capital
- Membership Rights and Meetings
- Corporate Governance
- Directors and Officers
- Directors’ and Officers’ Duties: Good Faith and Proper Purposes
- Directors and Officers: Conflicts of Interest
- Directors and Officers: The Duty of Care and Diligence
- Directors and Officers: Corporate Governance During Times of Financial Distress
- Members’ Remedies
- Accounts Auditors and Dividends
- Financial Services, Managed Investment Schemes and Financial Markets
- External Administration and Insolvency