Annotated National Credit Code, 6th edition
Annotated National Credit Code, 6th edition is an essential guide to consumer credit regulation in Australia
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Annotated National Credit Code 6th edition is an essential guide to consumer credit regulation in Australia. It is a user- friendly practical guide for businesses, regulators, external dispute resolution schemes, consultants, compliance officers, credit agencies, consumer advocates and legal practitioners.
This new edition provides a comprehensive update on issues involving the provision of credit to consumers or strata corporations under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) (NCCP) and the National Credit Code (NCC). It includes commentary on:
- responsible lending
- referral arrangements
- unfair contract terms
- transactions regulated by the NCC, including credit contracts (including continuing credit contracts, small amount credit contracts, medium amount credit contracts and reverse mortgages), mortgages and guarantees, consumer leases and insurance
- statements of account
- payouts and surrender of goods
- formal requirements for documents and other notices
- disclosure obligations (including credit guides and key facts sheets)
- procedural matters including obligations imposed on increases in credit limits or amount of credit
- compliance and enforcement
- comprehensively updated
- National Credit Code’s key features, with practical guidance on interpretation and application
- overview of ASIC licensing system, responsible lending requirements, responsibilities of credit providers, credit enforcement issues and penalty for breaches
- analyses new regimes for small amount credit contracts, reverse mortgages, consumer leases and the revised financial hardship regime
• Bolitho, Paterson and Howell, Duggan & Lanyon’s Consumer Credit Law, 2nd ed, 2020
• LexisNexis, Australian Consumer Credit Law (loose-leaf and online)
• Steinwall, Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, 2018
• Lockhart, The Law of Misleading and Deceptive Conduct, 5th ed, 2018
Table of contents
Overview of the NCCP Act Regime
Overview of the National Credit Code
Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking,
Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
ASIC Action — Advertising Activities
ASIC Action — Enforcement Activities
National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009
National Credit Code
National Consumer Credit Protection Regulations 2010