Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, 2024 edition
The essential guide to the Australian competition and consumer law
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Fully revised and updated, the 2024 edition of the Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation provides an essential guide to Australia’s national competition and consumer law legislation accompanied by authoritative annotations and relevant case law.
This edition incorporates all recent changes in the legislation to 1 January 2024.
Incorporating the following features to assist you in your day-to day practice:
• Authored annotations explaining the competition and consumer legislation including commentary on key cases from a range of jurisdictions including the High Court, Federal Court and Australian Competition Tribunal
• Detailed background on each part of the Act covering the laws’ development, its review and reform proposals
• References to decisions of the National Competition Council and decisions impacting Australia’s energy law
• Extensive ancillary legislation, intergovernmental agreements, Codes, guidelines, and practice notes
• Forms are reproduced from Schedule one of the Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010
• A comparative table of cross-references mapping pre-reform provisions to those in the Competition and Consumer Act and state laws
• Shaded legislation and detailed tabs with extensive indexing to enhance the ease of use and navigability
• Steinwall, Competition and Consumer Act Annotated, looseleaf and online
• Ray Steinwall and Dr Rhonda Smith, Editors, Competition and Consumer Law Journal
• Alex Bruce, Australian Competition Law, 4th ed, 2021
• Alex Bruce, Consumer Protection Law in Australia, 4th ed, 2022
• Hal Bolitho, Nicola Howell, Dr Jeannie Marie Paterson, Duggan & Lanyon’s Consumer Credit Law, 2nd ed, 2019
• Lockhart, Law of Misleading and Deceptive Conduct, 6th ed, 2023
Table of contents
- Comparative table of Commonwealth and State legislation
- Cartel provisions – section numbering
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010
- Competition and Consumer Forms
- Fees: Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 (extracts)
- Inter-Governmental Agreements
- ANCILLARY MATERIALS
- Merger Guidelines
- Informal Merger Review Process Guidelines
- Federal Court National Practice Notes
- ACCC Immunity and Cooperation Policy for Cartel Conduct
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Commonwealth DPP and the ACCC regarding Serious Cartel Conduct
- Related Legislation
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Code — Franchising) Regulation 2014
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Unit Pricing) Regulations 2021
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Oil) Regulation 2017
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes — Horticulture) Regulations 2017
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes — Food and Grocery) Regulation 2015
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Code — Electricity Retail) Regulations 2019
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Code — Sugar) Regulations 2017
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes — Dairy) Regulations 2019
- Pending Legislation