Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, 2022 edition
The essential guide to Australian competition and consumer law.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Fully revised and updated this 2022 edition of Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, extracted from Competition and Consumer Act Annotated loose-leaf service provides an essential guide to key competition and consumer law legislation accompanied by authoritative annotations and relevant case law. This latest edition incorporates all recent changes in the legislation up to 1 January 2022, including, inter alia, those arising from the Financial Sector Reform (Hayne Royal Commission Response) Act 2020, Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Act 2021, Treasury Laws Amendment (Professional Standards Scheme No 2) Regulation 2021, Treasury Laws Amendment (Acquisition as Consumer-Financial Thresholds) Regulation 2020, Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes—Franchising) Amendment (Fairness in Franchising) Regulations 2021 and more.
• Detailed background on each part of the Act covering the laws’ development, its review and reform proposals
• Extensive ancillary legislation, intergovernmental agreements, guidelines and practice notes
• Competition and Consumer Act Annotated (looseleaf and online)
• Bolitho et al, Duggan and Lanyon’s Consumer Credit Law, 2nd ed 2019
• Bruce, Australian Competition Law, 4th ed, 2021
• Bruce, Consumer Protection Law, 3rd ed, 2019
• Lockhart, Law of Misleading and Deceptive Conduct, 5th ed, 2018
• Sharpe, Unconscionable Conduct in Australian Consumer and Commercial Contracts, 2018
Table of contents
- - Competition and Consumer Act 2010 incl. Australian Consumer Law
- - Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 incl. Competition and Consumer Forms & Fees
- - Inter-Governmental Agreements – Competition Principles Agreement
- - Ancillary Materials
- • ACCC Merger Guidelines
- • Informal Merger Review Process Guidelines
- • Federal Court National Practice Notes
- • ACCC Immunity and Cooperation Policy for Cartel Conduct
- • Memorandum of Understanding between the Commonwealth DPP and the ACCC regarding Serious Cartel Conduct
- • Intergovernmental Agreement for Australian Consumer Law
- - Related Legislation
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Unit Pricing) Regulations 2021
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Oil) Regulations 2017
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Horticulture) Regulations 2017
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Food and Grocery) Regulation 2015
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes –Electricity Retail) Regulations 2019
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Code – Sugar) Regulations 2017
- • Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Dairy) Regulations 2019
- - Index