Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, 2021 edition
The essential guide to Australian competition and consumer law.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Fully revised and updated this 2021 edition of Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, extracted from Competition and Consumer Act Annotated loose-leaf service provides an essential guide to key competition and consumer law legislation accompanied by authoritative annotations and relevant case law. This 2021 edition incorporates all recent changes in the legislation up to 2 January 2021, including, inter alia, those arising from the National Emergency Declaration (Consequential Amendments) Act 2020, Treasury Laws Amendment (2020 Measures No. 6) Act 2020, Territories Legislation Amendment Act 2020, Competition and Consumer Amendment (Australian Consumer Law — Country of Origin Representations) Regulations 2020, Competition and Consumer Amendment (AER Functions) Regulations 2020 and more.
• Detailed background on each part of the Act covering the laws’ development, its review and reform proposals
• Extensive ancillary legislation, intergovernmental agreements, guidelines and practice notes
• Extensive tables: including:
- comparative TPA/ACL and Cth/State legislation
- the Harper Committee recommendations and the Government responses; and
- the Harper Committee and Productivity Committee recommendations and Government Responses in relation to the National Access Regime
• Competition and Consumer Act Annotated (looseleaf and online)
• Competition and Consumer Law Journal
• Bolitho et al, Duggan and Lanyon’s Consumer Credit Law, 2ed 2019
• Bruce, Australian Competition Law, 3rd ed, 2018
• Bruce, Consumer Protection Law, 3rd ed, 2019
• Lockhart, Law of Misleading and Deceptive Conduct, 5th ed, 2018
• Sharpe, Unconscionable Conduct in Australian Consumer and Commercial Contracts, 2018
Table of contents
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 incl. Australian Consumer Law
- Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 incl. Competition and Consumer Forms & Fees
- Inter-Governmental Agreements – Competition Principles Agreement
- Related Legislation
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Code – Dairy) Regulations 2019
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Code – Electricity Retail) Regulations 2019
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Food and Grocery) Regulation 2015
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Horticulture) Regulations 2017
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Oil) Regulations 2017
- Competition and Consumer (Industry Code – Sugar) Regulations 2017
- Trade Practices (Industry Codes – Unit Pricing) Regulations 2009
- Ancillary Materials
- Merger Guidelines
- Informal Merger Review Process Guidelines
- Federal Court National Practice Notes
- ACCC Immunity and Cooperation Policy for Cartel Conduct
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Commonwealth DPP and the ACCC regarding Serious Cartel Conduct
- Intergovernmental Agreement for Australian Consumer Law
Duggan & Lanyon’s Consumer Credit Law, 2nd editionAUD$ 182.00
The Law of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct, 5th editionAUD$ 242.00
Unconscionable Conduct in Australian Consumer and Commercial ContractsAUD$ 150.00
Consumer Protection Law in Australia, 3rd editionAUD$ 138.00
Australian Competition Law, 3rd editionAUD$ 142.00