Bundle: Termination of Employment
The termination of employment can be purchased as a bundle and precedent documents included in the bundle are:
• Formal warning letter and Final warning letter- given the high risk that an employee terminated for poor performance will challenge the decision, it is very important that the entire process is well documented by the employer. This documentation can be used by the employer as evidence should litigation ensue. (3 pages each)
• Letter of termination (for poor performance, with notice) - this precedent is a letter of termination to be used in circumstances where the employee has had unsatisfactory work performance, or behavioural issues. The letter provides for termination with notice to the employee. (3 pages)
• Letter of termination (for misconduct, without notice) - this precedent is a letter of termination to be used in circumstances where the employee has engaged in serious misconduct. The letter provides for termination without notice to the employee. (3 pages)
• Letter of termination (on notice or payment in lieu) – this precedent is a letter of termination in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) that provides the employer with the option of requiring the employee to work through the notice period or to be paid in lieu of notice. (2 pages)
• Deed of release (termination) - this precedent is a deed of release for an employer to provide to an employee whose employment has been terminated. The deed provides a release from legal actions and claims by the employee to the employer in return for compensation, including an ex gratia payment, and benefits. (7 pages)
To preview the precedent, click here.
Related products (all with guidance notes)
o Letter of termination (redundancy)
o Notice of disciplinary meeting
o Termination (optional clause)
o Summary dismissal (optional clause)
This precedent is also available via subscription to the Precedents – Employment Law - End of Employment bundle
Joe Catanzariti is the Vice President of the Fair Work Commission (Sydney). He was formerly the lead Partner for the National Clayton Utz Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety Practice Group.
Michael Byrnes is a Special Counsel for the Clayton Utz Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety Practice Group. He has broad experience in employment law, in both litigious and transactional matters.
These documents are part of a LexisNexis suite of Employment Law precedents prepared with the assistance of Specialist Editor Justine Turnbull, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw Australia.