Australian Corporate Law, 7th edition
A comprehensive text on the law of corporations in Australia
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This well-regarded text provides clear and accessible commentary on the fundamental concepts of Australian corporate law.
The seventh edition has been fully revised and updated to include significant recent developments in corporate law and regulation, both in legislation and case law. Understanding of complex topics is enhanced by features including key statements, key cases highlighting important precedents, case examples, discussion points, glossary notes, problem questions, plentiful practical examples and an ongoing case study demonstrating how companies operate within the broader business context.
Teaching and learning is supported by a comprehensive and innovative suite of online resources for students and lecturers.
• Comprehensive treatment of all topics in a core undergraduate corporations law unit
• Chapters designed to promote student learning (learning objectives, questions, problems, activities, case examples, working examples)
• Strong online student learning support via Lexis Learning platform
• Austin & Ramsay, Ford, Austin and Ramsay’s Principles of Corporations Law, 17th ed, 2018
• Hargovan, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Corporations Law, 2nd ed, 2021
• Gooley et al, Corporations and Associations: Principles and Issues, 7th ed, 2020
Table of contents
- The Context of Australian Corporate Law
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission: Role and Powers
- Business Structures
- Partnerships and Associations
- Incorporation and its Effects
- Internal Governance: Constitution and Replaceable Rules
- Corporate Liability: Tort, Crime and Contract
- Promoters: Duties and Liabilities
- Corporate Fundraising
- Debt Finance
- Share Capital and Transactions Affecting Share Capital
- Membership Rights and Meetings
- Corporate Governance
- Directors and Officers
- Directors’ and Officers’ Duties: Good Faith and Proper Purposes
- Directors and Officers: Conflicts of Interest
- Directors and Officers: The Duty of Care and Diligence
- Directors and Officers: Corporate Governance During Times of Financial Distress
- Members’ Remedies
- Accounts, Auditors and Dividends
- Financial Services, Managed Investment Schemes and Financial Markets
- External Administration and Insolvency