Waller & Williams Criminal Law Text and Cases, 14th edition
An authoritative source for the criminal law of New South Wales and Victoria
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Waller & Williams Criminal Law provides a critical yet accessible analysis of criminal law in New South Wales and Victoria. It includes comprehensive coverage of all key principles, combining selected principal sources of the criminal law with critical appraisal and evaluation of its doctrines. Current legal and policy debates in criminal justice are highlighted and comparative and policy insights into legal developments of the two common law jurisdictions are provided. The clear discussion and analysis of criminal law concepts makes it an ideal resource for law students and the authoritative discussion is an essential reference for practitioners in the area. The 14th edition includes new leading cases from the principal appellate courts in New South Wales, Victoria and the High Court of Australia, as well as the latest legislative provisions. Recent developments include:
• changes to the Victorian law on attempted rape
• new incitement offences in NSW
• significant new cases on the mental element for drug importation
• changes to the law of excessive self defence, and abortion, in NSW
• new cases on duress as a defence to murder in Victoria
• sexual assault and cognate offences, including law of mistake and affirmative consent
• Clear structure for each offence
• Contextual notes on the development of the law and its application
• Critical policy appraisal of legal developments
• Extracts of key cases supplemented with explanations and illustration
• Crofts, Criminal Law Elements, 6th ed, 2018
• Finlay & Kirchengast, Criminal Law in Australia, 2nd ed, 2020
• Howie & Johnson, Annotated Criminal Legislation NSW, 2019–2020
• Nash, Annotated Criminal Legislation Victoria, 2019–2020
Table of contents
- Foundations of Criminal Law
- The Legal Framework of the Criminal Law
- Assault and Related Offences
- Sexual Offences
- Voluntary Manslaughter
- Involuntary Manslaughter
- Property Offences: New South Wales
- Property Offences: Victoria
- Drug Offences
- Extending Criminal Liability: Participation in Crime
- Strict Liability and Mistake
- Self-Defence, Necessity, Emergency, Duress, Superior Orders and Marital Coercion
- Mental Impairment and Related Defences