Youth Crime, Youth Justice and Children’s Courts in NSW
A must have contemporary overview into the complex web impacting youth crime, youth justice and Children’s Courts.
Edited by Dr Garner Clancey and Dr Rohan Lulham
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Youth Crime, Youth Justice and Children’s Courts in NSW provides a comprehensive account of the complex arrangements impacting youth crime, youth justice and Children’s Courts in NSW. The reader is provided deep insights into the many aspects of the system that impact young people — the journey of a young person, from their first contact with police to release from custody and the elements which shape it, are illuminated to provide a practical understanding.
• Expert insights into the complex web of arrangements impacting youth crime, youth justice and Children’s Courts
• Clear and accessible guide
• Suitable for practitioners and academics
• Young et al, Children and the Law in Australia, 2nd edition, 2016
• Madden et al, Institutional abuse of children: Legal remedies and redress in Australia, 2nd edition, 2023
Table of contents
- Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Youth Crime and Criminal Justice Trends
- 3. Early Intervention to Divert Children and Young People from the Criminal Justice System
- 4. The Children’s Court
- 5. Management of Children with Neurodevelopment Impairments within New South Wales Criminal Justice System
- 6. Development and Importance of Adolescent Criminal Identity
- 7. Contemporary Youth Detention Experiences in New South Wales
- 8. Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism with Young People
- 9. YLS-CMI Risk Assessment Tool and Neutrality
- 10. Intersectional Rurality and Youth Justice in New South Wales
- 11. Deconstructing, Decolonising and Disrupting Youth Justice Approaches with Pacific Young People
- 12. A Yarn about Identity, Community and Youth Justice
- 13. Conclusion