Understanding Real Property Law, 2nd edition
A clear and straightforward introduction to real property law
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Understanding Real Property Law is an introductory level text designed for students and professionals in disciplines such as law, architecture, construction, business or real estate who need to understand real property law in Australia. It provides a concise overview of the Australian property law system and illustrates how legal principles are applied in transactions. The discussion covers all Australian jurisdictions and assumes no prior knowledge of law. Engaging text and pedagogy are designed to aid learning.
The second edition has been fully revised and updated throughout. Key developments include updated discussion on native title, adverse possession, fixtures and trespass to land, mortgages, the new e-Conveyancing system and recent developments in litigation against builders and others for defects in strata buildings in Australia.
• Covers all Australian jurisdictions
• Includes information on real estate industry and practice
• No assumed knowledge of law
• Clear and direct writing style
• Concise real property law text tailor-made for non-law students
• Cameron-Dow & Cantatore, LexisNexis Questions and Answers: Property Law, 4th ed, 2020
• Edgeworth, Quick Reference Card: Real Property Law, 3rd ed, 2020
• Webb & Stephenson, Focus: Land Law, 5th ed, 2020
Table of contents
- Ch 1 Real Property — Basic Concepts
- Ch 2 Tenures and Estates
- Ch 3 Native Title
- Ch 4 Adverse Possession
- Ch 5 Fixtures, Trespass to Land and Nuisance
- Ch 6 Torrens Title
- Ch 7 Priorities Disputes — Old System Title and Unregistered Interests in Torrens Title; Creation of Interests in Land
- Ch 8 Co-Ownership
- Ch 9 Strata Title and Community Title
- Ch 10 Mortgages
- Ch 11 Leases
- Ch 12 Easements
- Ch 13 Freehold Covenants