Quick Reference Card: Statutory Interpretation, 3rd edition
Provides a concise summary of the key principles of statutory interpretation in 6 laminated A4 pages folded into an easy-to-handle reference
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Quick Reference Card: Statutory Interpretation clearly summarises the most important principles and key cases relating to statutory interpretation in Australia.
This card covers the basic concepts and legislative process, Approaches to the interpretation of legislation, extrinsic aids to interpretation and other aspects of context, presumptions of interpretation, statutory obligations and discretions, and the role of precedent. It also includes a practical guide to intepretating legislation.
The Quick Reference Card makes an ideal study aid both for classroom and exam use and is an excellent tool for practitioners needing a ready-reference on statutory interpretation in Australia. The laminated A4 pages are designed to be folded into an easy-to-handle reference.
• Concise summary of principles statutory interpretation
• Overview of key case law
• Quick, easy and clear access to key principles
• Includes a practical guide
• Durable laminated card
• Great as a revision checklist
• Perfect for exam use
• Hamer et al, Laying Down the Law, 12th ed, 2024
• Hall & Macken, LexisNexis Guide Series: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation, 5th ed, 2021
Table of contents
- Topics cover:
- • Introduction
- • Approaches to Interpretation of legislation
- • Extrinsic aids to Interpretation of legislation
- • Other aspects of context in interpretation of legislation
- • Presumptions of interpretation
- • Statutory obligations and discretions
- • Precedent and statutory interpretation
- • Practical guide to interpretation of legislation