Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law Directors’ Duties, 5th edition
Quick Reference Card - Corporations Law: Directors’ Duties, 5th edition provides a concise summary of the key principles, legislation and cases relating to directors’ duties under Australian corporations law.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law - Directors' Duties, written by highly experienced law lecturers and LexisNexis authors, Margaret Hyland and Marina Nehme, clearly summarises directors’ duties under Australian corporations law, including the most important principles, legislation and cases.
This card covers the role of the board, definition of director, appointment of directors, removal/resignation of directors, to whom directors owe a duty, civil and criminal actions against directors for breach of duty, duty of care, duty to avoid conflict of interest, duty to act in good faith, duty to act for a proper purpose, duty to prevent insolvent trading, liability for breach of directors’ duties, relief from liability and statutory relief from liability.
This Quick Reference Card makes an ideal study aid both for classroom and exam use and is an excellent quick-reference tool for those working in corporations law.
• Concise summary of the most important principles in the practice area
• Overview of key legislation and case law
• Quick easy and clear access to key principles
• Durable laminated card
• Great as a revision checklist
• Perfect for exam use
• Anderson, Dickfos, Hyland, Nehme, Dahdal, Corporations Law 5th ed, 2016
• Austin & Ramsay, Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance
• Farrar & Hanrahan, Corporate Governance, 2016
• Gooley, Dicker, Zammit & Russell, Corporations & Associations Law: Principles & Issues, 6th ed, 2015
• Harris, Hargovan & Adams, Australian Corporate Law, 6th ed, 2017
• Hyland & Nehme, Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law - Remedies that Apply when Directors Breach Their Duties, 2011
Table of contents
- Roles of the Board
- Definition of Director
- Appointment of Directors
- Removal/Resignation of Directors
- To Whom Directors Owe a Duty
- Action Against Directors for Breach of Duty
- Duty of Care
- Duty to Avoid Conflict of Interest
- Duty to Act in Good Faith
- Duty to Act for a Proper Purpose
- Duty to Prevent Insolvent Trading
- Liability for Breach of Directors’ Duties
- Relief from Liability
- Statutory Relief from Liability
Corporate GovernanceAUD$ 167.00
Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate GovernanceAUD$ 360.00
Australian Corporate Law, 6th EditionAUD$ 161.00
Corporations and Associations Law: Principles and Issues, 6th editionAUD$ 184.00
Quick Reference Card: Corporations Law — Remedies that Apply when Directors Breach their Duties, 2nd editionAUD$ 23.00
Corporations Law, 5th editionAUD$ 138.00