Marine Resources Management
Comprehensive multidisciplinary analysis of Australia's marine resource management challenges.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Australia's marine resources are now worth more than the gross value of all Australian agricultural production. Their multifaceted nature, and the human use of them, present increasing challenges for marine resource managers in Australia. Written by recognised Australian experts, Marine Resources Management provides a comprehensive, coherent and synthesised analysis of the overlapping and intersecting marine resource challenges faced by Australia.
Its multidisciplinary approach addresses the increasingly complicated task of determining and implementing appropriate marine management arrangements for Australia's varied marine resources.
The clear and accessible style of this unique edited work makes it invaluable for decision-makers, students in the field and the numerous industries which are active in the marine environment.
Features and Benefits
Multidisciplinary analysis of the entire range of marine resource management issues makes this a comprehensive resource and reference book
Succinct, accessible discussion in edited, thematically structured chapters ensure the text is suitable for practitioners, students, academics, and an excellent reference point for those working in private enterprise or public sector management
Illustrations show international zones and Australian domestic law zones with the location of boundaries and zones identified
Contains the framework of both International and Australian law to clarify the scope of rights and obligations for conduct of all marine activities in the various legal zones
Academic support available on www.lexisnexis.com.au/Campus.
Table of contents
- Girt by Sea: The challenge of managing Australia's marine resources - Warwick Gullett, Clive Schofield, Joanna Vince
- The Australian margin: Ocean and coastal processes - Colin D Woodroffe
- Australia's marine jurisdictions under international and domestic law -Warwick Gullett, Gregory Rose
- Defining the limits and boundaries of maritime Australia - Clive Schofield
- Australia's marine resources - Robin Warner
- Managing Australia's oceans through the Oceans Policy Process - Joanna Vince
- Ecologically sustainable development in marine areas: Environment, economics and people - Neil Lazarow, Stephen Dovers
- Integrated coastal zone management and planning - Timothy Smith et al.
- Shipping and the marine environment in Australia - Craig Forrest
- Security and defence in Australia's marine domain - Stuart Kaye
- Australian marine resource and environmental policy and politics - Marcus Haward
- The double-edged sword of Australia's whaling policy - Julia Jabour
- Australian marine protected areas: Charting a course towards a representative system - Lorne Kriwoken
- The rise of eco-labelling in marine resource governance - Tavis Potts
- Economics in fisheries management - Alistair McIlgorm
- Exploring marine resources for new pharmaceutical applications - Danielle Skropeta
- Stakeholder involvement and interplay in coastal zone management and marine protected area planning -Geoff Wescott, James Fitzsimons
- Indigenous peoples, marine protected areas and ecologically sustainable development - Melissa Nursey-Bray
- The management of recreational fisheries - Daryl McPhee
- Coastal and marine ecotourism operations in Australia - Karen Elizabeth McNamara, Ross Westoby
- Balancing Australia's rights and obligations to protect the marine environment: The Torres Strait Particularly Sensitive Sea Area - Julian Roberts
- The Port Phillip Bay Channel Deepening Project and environmental law: A model for ecologically sustainable development? - Brad Jessup
- The use of technology in securing marine resources in Australia - Mary Ann Palma, Lowell Bautista
- Enforcing Australia's laws against illegal foreign fishers - Rachel Baird
- Advance maritime Australia: Opportunities and challenges in the future management of Australia's marine resources - Warwick Gullett, Clive Schofield, Joanna Vince
Marine Resources ManagementAUD$ 110.00
Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management, 10th edition and Australian Corporations Legislation 2022 (2 Volume Set) (Bundle)Release Date: December 17, 2021AUD$ 245.70
Financial Planning in Australia: Advice and Wealth Management, 10th edition and Securities and Financial Services Law, 10th edition (Bundle)Release Date: December 14, 2021AUD$ 288.00