LexisNexis Study Guide: Civil Procedure, 3rd edition
Begin exam preparation or revision with this essential tool for success.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
LexisNexis Study Guide: Civil Procedure is designed to assist students in learning the foundations of civil procedure for effective, systematic exam preparation and revision.
Each chapter clearly identifies and explains the pertinent and often difficult topics within civil procedure. The most important and recent cases are summarised to consolidate practical understanding of the theoretical concepts.
• Assists students with effective exam study preparation
• Simplifies exam study by providing students with the key cases, legislation and commentary needed for success in exams and assessments
• Short and concise paragraphs, bullet-pointed summaries and tables aid retention of complex rules and principles.
• Colbran et al, Civil Procedure: Commentary and Materials, 8th ed, 2022
• Hemming & Penovic, Civil Procedure in Australia, 2015
• Simmons, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Civil Procedure, 2016
• Zillmann & Hemming, LexisNexis Questions & Answers: Civil Procedure, 2nd ed, 2021
Table of contents
- Ch 1 Court Adjudication and the Civil Justice System
- Ch 2 Case Management and the Overriding Purpose
- Ch 3 Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Ch 4 Jurisdiction
- Ch 5 Non-Compliance, Amendment and Time
- Ch 6 Limitation of Actions
- Ch 7 Commencing Proceedings
- Ch 8 Service
- Ch 9 Appearance
- Ch 10 Joinder of Parties and Actions
- Ch 11 Group Proceedings
- Ch 12 Pleadings
- Ch 13 Summary Disposition
- Ch 14 Discovery
- Ch 15 Further Means of Obtaining Evidence
- Ch 16 Affidavits
- Ch 17 Interlocutory Procedures
- Ch 18 Settlement
- Ch 19 Trial
- Ch 20 Appeal and New Trial
- Ch 21 Costs
- Ch 22 Enforcement