This invaluable work explains the importance of good interviewing and includes strategies, handy checklists, clear and practical examples and exercises for practice and review. Common mistakes made in interviews are highlighted.
The text is written within a clear theoretical framework, in which the interview is presented as a dynamic part of a process in which effective practice is married with knowledge of substantive law and ethical precepts.
The work will be invaluable for students and lawyers who need to acquire or enhance the skills required to build and maintain client rapport in professional practice.
Table of contents
- Setting the practical context: how to use this book
- Setting the theoretical context
- The importance of god communication
- Planning and preparing for the interview
- Commencing: from lift to armchair
- Obtaining the narrative
- Developing theories and strategies
- Generating and exploring options
- Making decisions
- Concluding: armchair to lift
- Homework: following up the interview
- Wanting more on ethical issues and professional conduct?
- Going forward
Legal Interviewing - A How to GuideRelease Date: November 01, 2014AUD$ 104.01
Principles of Australian Succession Law, 3rd edition and Hutley’s Australian Wills Precedents, 10th edition (Bundle)Release Date: December 20, 2020AUD$ 284.00
Foundations of Law: A Custom Publication for Monash University, 2nd edition, LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, 6th edition and Mastering Law Studies and Law Exam Techniques, 10th edition (Bundle)AUD$ 260.95