Conflict Management A Practical Guide, 5th edition
Conflict Management: A Practical Guide provides essential strategies, tactics and techniques that will help you see conflict as a potentially dynamic stimulus to interpersonal and group relations.
Conflict is a necessary process that has both positive and negative aspects but is always present in our society. This 5th edition of Conflict Management A Practical Guide, continues to provide you with approaches, strategies, tactics and techniques essential to to taking a positive approach to conflict. The book assists you to view conflict as a potentially dynamic stimulus to interpersonal and group relations as well as providing a consideration of the ethical issues that can arise.
Conflict Management A Practical Guide, will provide you with an overview of the major developments and issues concerning alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in Australia and equip you to better practice in key areas including negotiation (now with expanded commentary on the ‘zone of possible agreement’ (ZOPA) and strategies and impasse), mediation (transformative and narrative mediation as well as ethical issues), restorative justice and organisational contexts. Developed over 20 years of professional practice, this book is a careful blend of the practical and the theoretical.
- Comprehensive framework of practical techniques backed by theoretical models
- Practical techniques for managing difficult conversations and impasse in negotiations
- Up to date models for negotiation, mediation and facilitation processes
- Concise tables and helpful diagrams to illustrate conflict management theory.
- Detailed bibliography further reading section
Astor & Chinkin, Dispute Resolution in Australia, 2nd ed, 2002
Boulle, Mediation - Principles, Process, Practice, 3rd ed, 2011
Table of contents
- Understanding Conflict
- Responding to Conflict: Dispute Management Preferences
- Communication: Managing Emotions, Difficult Conversations and Complaints
- The Rise of ADR
- How Can We Collaborate?
- Negotiation: Models, Strategies and Tactics
- Restorative Justice and Conferencing
- Groups, Justice and Conflict Management Dispute System Design
- Practical Group Facilitation Bibliography