Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance
Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance is a detailed, scholarly and comprehensive analysis of law and governance as they relate to Australian company directors.
Written by respected authors of Australian corporate law, Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance is a detailed, scholarly and comprehensive analysis of law and governance as they relate to Australian company directors. In particular, the duties of company directors, remedies for breach of these duties, and the structure and operations of the board of directors are examined. Expert commentary on corporate governance, as it relates to company directors, is also provided.
This ground-breaking text is an invaluable addition to existing Australian corporate law knowledge, and is an essential resource for practising lawyers, company directors, company secretaries, inhouse counsel and academics, as well as those with an interest in company directors and corporate governance.
Table of contents
- Issues in Corporate Governance The Structure and Operations of the Board of Directors
- Directors and Authority to Act for a Company
- The Rights of Directors
- The Function and Nature of Directors' Duties
- The Duty to Act with Care and Diligence and the Duty Not to Fetter Discretions
- The Duties to Act in Good Faith in the Best Interests of the Company and for a Proper Purpose
- The Duty to Avoid Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Duty
- Improper Profits and the Appropriation of Corporate Property and Opportunities
- Insolvent Trading and the Protection of Creditors
- The Duty to Act Lawfully, with Power and within Authority
- Duties in Relation to Meetings of Members and Financial Statements
- The Duties and Liabilities of Directors in the Context of Capital Raising
- Common Directorships and Nominee Directors
- Related Parties, Termination Benefits, Insider Trading, and Other Statutory Liabilities
- Concurrent Liability of Directors
- Ratification of Duties; Insurance and Indemnification; Statutory Validation
- Remedies and Penalties
- Members' Derivative Litigation to Enforce Directors' Duties