Australian Personal Property Securities Law, 2nd edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
Australian Personal Property Securities Law, 2nd edition offers clear, concise commentary on the legislation and its implementation, implications and impact.
A work of astonishing erudition … combining rigorous legal analysis with a deep understanding of secured transactions and of the economic rationale of personal property security… an indispensable vade mecum for those involved or interested in the subject.
-Sir Roy Goode
Emeritus Professor of Law, Oxford University
Australian Personal Property Securities Law offers clear, concise commentary on the legislation and its implementation, implications and impact.
This second edition has been updated to take into account the legislative and case law developments since the PPSA commenced operation on 30 January 2012, the most significant development being the recently completed Statutory Review Report. The Report made 349 recommendations for improving the statute and the register, and this new edition incorporates comprehensive references to the recommendations, along with critical analysis where appropriate.
Written by distinguished academics and international experts in the area, Australian Personal Property Securities Law provides analytical depth and expert policy interpretation, making this an invaluable resource for commercial practitioners and students, the courts, governments and the banking and finance industry.
- Clear, concise commentary
- Useful practical guide to registering on the PPSR.
- Accessible annotated statute reflecting latest case law developments in Australia, New Zealand and Canada
Mirzai, Quick Reference Card Personal Properties Securities Act, 2012
Wappett, LNAA: Essential Personal Property Securities Law in Australia, 3rd ed, 2015
Table of contents
- Personal Property and its Classifications
- The Scope of the Statute
- Attachment and Writing Requirements
- The Default Priority Rules
- Purchase Money Security Interests
- Accessions, Commingled Goods and Crops
- Transfers of Collateral
- Enforcement of Security Interests
- Insolvency Law and the PPSA
- Conflict of Laws
- Transitional Matters
- Aircraft Security Interests and Other International Developments