Annotated National Credit Code, 7th edition
An essential guide to consumer credit regulation in Australia
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Annotated National Credit Code 7th edition is an essential guide to consumer credit regulation in Australia. It is a user- friendly practical guide for businesses, regulators, external dispute resolution schemes, consultants, compliance officers, credit agencies, consumer advocates and legal practitioners.
This new edition provides a comprehensive update on issues involving unfair contract terms, product intervention orders, ePayments, small amount credit contracts, and consumer leases. It includes commentary on substantive amendments to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and the National Consumer Credit Protection Regulations 2010.
• summarises Australia’s consumer credit protection regime, i.e., relevant Acts, Regulations, Regulatory Guides, and Information Sheets
• provides commentary on the new regulations pertaining to:
o obtaining and considering information to verify financial situation of consumers
o small amount credit contracts—income requirements
o consumer leases for household goods — income requirements
o constrained documents and constrained information
o avoidance schemes
o disclosure of information in consumer leases for household goods
o base price of goods
• provides detailed overviews of the NCCP Act regime and the National Credit Code
• includes updated information on the ASIC licensing system, responsible lending requirements, responsibilities of credit providers, credit enforcement issues and penalty for breaches
• includes a summary of and commentary on the legislative response to the Banking Royal Commissions
• content is current to 1 July 2023
• Lockhart, The Law of Misleading or Deceptive Conduct, 6th edition
• Bolitho, Paterson and Howell, Duggan & Lanyon’s Consumer Credit Law, 2nd edition
• Tyree, Banking Law in Australia, 10th edition
• Steinwall, Annotated Competition and Consumer Legislation, 2023 edition
Table of contents
- Overview of the NCCP Act Regime
- Overview of the National Credit Code
- Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- ASIC Action — Advertising Activities
- ASIC Action — Enforcement Activities
- National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009
- National Credit Code
- National Consumer Credit Protection Regulations 2010