Quick Reference Card: Statutory Interpretation clearly summarises the most important principles and key cases relating to statutory interpretation in Australia.
This card covers the basic concepts and legislative process, Approaches to the interpretation of legislation, extrinsic aids to interpretation and other aspects of context, presumptions of interpretation, statutory obligations and discretions, and the role of precedent. It also includes a practical guide to intepretating legislation.
The Quick Reference Card makes an ideal study aid both for classroom and exam use and is an excellent tool for practitioners needing a ready-reference on statutory interpretation in Australia. The laminated A4 pages are designed to be folded into an easy-to-handle reference.
- Concise summary of principles statutory interpretation
- Overview of key case law
- Quick, easy and clear access to key principles
- Includes a practical guide
- Durable laminated card
- Great as a revision checklist
- Perfect for exam use
Pearce & Geddes, Statutory Interpretation in Australia, 9th ed, 2020
Hall & Macken, LexisNexis Guides: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation, 4th ed, 2015
Table of contents
- Approaches to Interpretation of legislation
- Extrinsic aids to Interpretation of legislation
- Other aspects of context in interpretation of legislation
- Presumptions of interpretation
- Statutory obligations and discretions
- Precedent and statutory interpretation
- Practical guide to interpretation of legislation