Petroleum Law in Australia
Petroleum Law and Policy in Australia examines the law and policy related to the exploration and production of petroleum. This clear and concise text by Tina Hunter and John Chandler considers both offshore and onshore petroleum activities. The focus of the text is on offshore petroleum, which reflects the predominance of this type of activity in Australia.
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Petroleum Law and Policy in Australia explains the basis of petroleum regulation, explorings, critical areas for exploration and development, and their associated legal issues. These include: the relationship between the Commonwealth and states and territories; the regulatory structure; licensing and permitting; commercial arrangements between explorers and producers; environmental regulation; and safety regulation. Hunter and Chandler also consider the emerging area of unconventional petroleum onshore, especially coal seam shale gas.
Hunter and Chandler introduce the reader to the regulation of petroleum exploration and production, including its special terminology, commercial and legal background. This text provides a real insight into the legal and policy ramifications in Australia.
Features and Benefits
- The first text to deal exclusively with Petroleum law and policy in Australia.
- Provides a concise overview of Australian petroleum law enabling students and practitioners to understand the legal basis of the regulatory regime.
- Identifies licencing requirements and issues relating to Joint Venture Contracts.
- Encompasses current topical issues such as Coal Seam Gas and LNG Plant Development onshore, as well as the Varanus Island and Montara Oil Spill incidents in Australia.
Table of contents
- Introduction to Petroleum
- Development of Petroleum in Australia
- Overview of Australian Petroleum Law
- Regulation of Offshore Petroleum
- Offshore Petroleum Licencing in Australia
- Offshore Petroleum Safety
- Regulation of Onshore Petroleum Activities
- Petroleum Activities and the environment
- Joint Venture Agreements and Australian Petroleum Activities
- New Horizons of Petroleum in Australia
Petroleum Law in AustraliaRelease Date: September 01, 2013AUD$ 152.00
Petroleum Law in Australia (eBook)Release Date: September 01, 2013AUD$ 159.60
Australian Property Law: Cases, Materials and Analysis, 5th edition (eBook), LexisNexis Study Guide: Property Law, 2nd edition (eBook) and Property Law in New South Wales, 4th edition (eBook) (Bundle)AUD$ 236.60