Principles of Australian Constitutional Law, 5th edition
A clear and succinct introduction to constitutional law in Australia.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Principles of Australian Constitutional Law, now in its fifth edition, is a popular textbook aimed at students and practitioners that is now prescribed or recommended in many Australian law schools. It provides helpful summaries of the key cases and an analysis that helps readers to understand contemporary Australian constitutionalism.
- Concise but comprehensive overview
- Examines the underlying principles that inform this area of law
- Included the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act and the Australia Act
- Lecturers have access to a suite of online ancillary on constitutional law
Price, LexisNexis Case Summaries — Constitutional Law, 6th ed, 2016
Siow, Constitutional Law at a Glance, 2015
Trone, Quick Reference Card — Constitutional Law, 2015
Table of contents
- Constitutional Method
- Introduction to Australian Federalism
- The States
- The Territories
- Trade, Commerce and Intercourse
- The Races Power
- External Affairs
- Acquisition of Property on Just Terms
- Conciliation and Arbitration
- The Federal Executive Power
- Trial by Jury
- Freedom of Religion
- Discrimination on the Grounds of State Residence
- Freedom of Political Communication
- Judicial Power
- The Constitutional Jurisdiction of the High Court
- Inconsistency of Laws