Business and Corporations Law, 5th edition
The principles, rules and leading cases underpinning contract and corporate law in Australia
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This fifth edition of Business and Corporations Law has been revised in line with changes that have occurred in business and corporations law since the publication of the fourth edition in 2020. During 2020 and 2021, the federal, state and territory governments implemented temporary measures to overcome the discombobulating effect of the pandemic on the economy: for example, by relaxing rules governing the statutory minimum amount owed before debt recovery proceedings could commence and lengthening the period of time allowed for unpaid debts to remain outstanding. Business and Corporations Law 5th edition covers various legal rules, particularly where governments’ temporary measures have become permanently enshrined in business and company law.
• a practical learning guide for students studying business, corporations or commercial law in undergraduate or postgraduate courses in Accounting, Commerce or Law
• twelve-chapter format complements the usual length of the Australian tertiary level semester, and its content conforms to the CPA Australia (Certified Practising Accountants) accreditation requirements
• each Chapter has revision and problem questions, with lecturer online support available
• Coleman et al, Law in Commerce, 7th edition
• Peters & Harris, Company Law: Theories, Principles and Applications, 3rd edition
• Hargovan, Adams & Brown, Australian Corporate Law, 7th edition
Table of contents
- PART 1
- 1. The Australian Legal System
- 2. Introduction to Contract Law
- 3. Offer to Contract
- 4. Terms of Contract, Interpretation of Terms and Capacity of Parties
- 5. Genuine Consent of Parties in Contract Law
- 6. Discharge of Contract and Remedies for Breach of Contract
- 7. Business Structures
- PART 2
- 8. Company Registration and its
- Consequences; Replaceable Rules and Constitution
- 9. Company Contracting and Management
- 10. Directors’ Duties, Members’ Remedies and Whistleblowing Protection
- 11. Company Finance, Accounts and Financial Reporting, Dividends and Audit
- 12. External Administration of Companies