The Mortgagee’s Power of Sale, 4th edition (Hardback)
The Mortgagee’s Power of Sale 4th edition is a quick and concise guide to the rights and duties of legal and equitable mortgagees
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Mortgagee’s Power of Sale 4th edition provides an up-to-date, practical guide to the steps that a mortgagee must take to obtain possession of and sell the land and a detailed analysis of a mortgagee’s duty in selling land. Registered and unregistered mortgages are considered together with different issues that arise in Torrens system and general land. There is also a comprehensive discussion about a mortgagor’s rights including the lodging of caveats and obtaining an injunction to prevent a sale.
- Prepares practitioners to answer complex questions that arise when a mortgagor makes a default under the terms of a mortgage
- Sets out the common law and equitable principles as well as the statutory provisions applicable to each procedural element of a sale in a sale in a logical, transactional format
- Highlights the legislative differences between the state jurisdictions, assisting those advising clients across jurisdictions
- Cremean, Whitten & Sharkey, Brooking on Building Contracts 6th ed, 2019
- Croft, Hay and Virgona, Commercial Tenancy Law, 4th ed, 2017
- Bransgrove, Avoiding Mortgage Fraud in Australia: Toolkit for Mortgage Professionals, 2015
- Tyler, Young and Croft, Fisher & Lightwood’s Law of Mortgage, 3rd ed, 2013
- Bransgrove & Young, Essential Gudie to Mortgage Law in Australia 2nd ed, 2013
Table of contents
- Nature of Mortgages
- Source of the Power of Sale
- Conditions Precedent to the Exercise of the Power of Sale
- The Mortgagee’s Right to Possession of the Mortgaged Land
- Recovery of Possession of the Mortgaged Property
- The Exercise of the Power of Sale
- The Mortgagee’s Duty in Exercising the Power of Sale –General Principles
- The Mortgagee’s Duty in Exercising the Power of Sale –Application of the General Principles
- Permitted Purchasers
- Protection of the Purchaser
- The Mortgagor
- Distribution of the Proceed of Sale - General Law Land
- Distribution of the Proceeds of Sale - Registered Land
Avoiding Mortgage Fraud in Australia: Toolkit for Mortgage ProfessionalsAUD$ 109.00
Essential Guide to Mortgage Law in Australia, 2nd EditionAUD$ 219.00
Commercial Tenancy Law, 4th edition (Cased)AUD$ 352.00
Brooking on Building Contracts, 5th editionAUD$ 276.00
Fisher & Lightwood's Law of Mortgage, 3rd EditionAUD$ 339.00