Focus: Torts - 6th Edition (Bundle)
|Author(s) :||Davies, M and Malkin, I.|
|Short Description :||Dual Format - Package: eBook + Hard copy|
|Published :||December, 2011|
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
Read the review first published in Ethos - Journal of the ACT Law Society.
Focus your learning to develop a greater understanding of Torts law through critical thinking
The 6th edition of Torts is designed to assist students to develop a greater understanding of Torts by identifying and explaining the key areas of study. Using a straightforward, structured approach and written in plain English, the authors will help demystify even the most complex of legal concepts.
The series has a particular emphasis on problem solving, providing the reader with numerous opportunities to develop critical thinking skills and to practise answering legal problem questions.
Torts principally explores the tort of negligence, as well as breach of statutory duty, nuisance and intentional torts.
The authors thoroughly cover both common law principles and Australian statutory regimes. The text provides a detailed account of similarities and differences among all Australian jurisdictions so that readers can readily find out about the law in their own state or territory. Additionally, it is invaluable for comparative purposes as readers can ascertain the legislative regimes existing in other jurisdictions.
This edition has been revised to incorporate recent case law and legislative changes as well as cases interpreting relevant legislation.
· User-friendly design and strong pedagogic features make a perfect revision tool
· Succinct and accessible discussion of key principles of tort law
· Suitable for all Australian jurisdictions
· Further reading to springboard research and a deeper understanding of the topic
2. Standard of Care I
3. Standard of Care II
4. Causation I: Factual Causation
5. Causation II Scope of Liability
6. Duty of Care I: General
7. Defences I: Contributory Negligence and Intoxication
8. Other Defences; Protections; Contributions
9. Assessment of Damages for Personal Injuries I
10. Assessment of Damages for Personal Injuries II
11. Duty of Care II: Negligent Misstatements Causing Purely Economic Loss
12. Duty of Care III: Negligent Acts Causing Purely Economic Loss; Negligence causing mental harm
13.'Affirmative Action': The Duty to Act
14. Breach of Statutory Duty
15. Liability of Public Authorities
16. Vicarious Liability and Non-Delegable Duties
17. Private Nuisance I: The Nature of Nuisance
18. Private Nuisance II: Public Nuisance
19. Trespass to the Person
20. Trespass to Land
21. Intentional Torts Relating to Goods
22. Defences and Remedies for Intentional Torts