Carter's Breach of Contract (Bundle)
|Author(s) :||Author(s): J W Carter|
|Short Description :||Click here to see the Book Review.
Dual Format - Package: eBook + Hard copy
|Published :||May, 2011|
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another.
J W Carter's Breach of Contract established itself as the leading text on the subject in the Commonwealth, being regularly cited by the courts, including the High Court of Australia. Its central thesis was approved by the High Court in Koompahtoo Local Aboriginal Land Council v Sanpine Pty Ltd  HCA 61. 2011 sees the publication of a new and expanded work, under the title Carter's Breach of Contract. The work is comprehensive in relation to both English and Australian law.
Moreover, by drawing on decisions in the United States, Singapore and New Zealand, the American Law Institute's Restatement of Contract, 2d as well as the Uniform Commercial Code (US) and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the work has a unique comparative dimension.
Features and Benefits
· An essential feature of the book is the statement of the law of breach of contract in a series of articles, which codify the law in brief statements of principle
· These articles are helpfully also reproduced in the Appendix
· Extensive bibliography
· Detailed index up to 50 pages
PART I Proof of Breach and Bases For a Right to Terminate
2. Failure to Perform
3. Bases for a Right To Terminate
PART II Breach of Contractual Terms
4. Types of Contractual Terms
5. Breach of Condition
6. Breach of Terms other than Conditions
PART III Repudiation and Anticipatory Breach
7. General Principles of Repudiation and Anticipatory Breach
8. Repudiation and Anticipatory Breach Based on Words or Conduct
9. Repudiation and Anticipatory Breach Based on an Inability to Perform
PART IV Election
10. Exercise of the Right Terminate
11. Continuation of Performance and Revival of the Right to Terminate
PART V The Consequences Of Termination
12. The Consequences of Termination