Jurisprudence of Liberty, 2nd Edition
|Author(s) :||Author(s):Ratnapala & Moens|
|Short Description :||This book is also available in eBook format.
Bundle the hardcopy with the eBook to save 75% on the 2nd copy.
|Published :||December, 2010|
Abstract concepts and complex issues are presented in a manner that makes them readily accessible to lawyers, academics, policy makers, and students of law, jurisprudence, philosophy and political science.
Features and benefits:
· A unique, edited collection of essays by eminent international and Australian scholars.
· Includes contributions covering traditional jurisprudential theory and topical subjects.
· An outstanding text or research tool.
1. Law, Legal Theory and Liberty Suri Ratnapala and GabriŽl A Moens
Part 1: Constitutionalism and Liberty
2. Republican Liberty M N S Sellers
3. Separation of Powers: The Cornerstone of Liberty under Law Suri Ratnapala
4. Rule of Law and the Democratic World Order Geoffrey de Q Walker
5. Enforcing the Bill of Rights in the United States Lael Daniel Weinberger
6. Legal Culture and the Rule of Law in Latin America Augusto Zimmermann
Part 2: Liberty and the Evolutionary Tradition in Jurisprudence
7. Hayek's Theory of Rules and the Modern State Viktor Vanberg
8. Spontaneous Order and Rule of Law: Some Problems Neil MacCormick
9. Law as a Knowledge Process Suri Ratnapala
10.Dworkin, Hayek and the Declaratory Counter-Revolution Alan Fogg
Part 3: Natural Law and the Defence of Liberty
11.Finnis on Liberty Nicholas Aroney and Bradley Miller
12.The German Border Guard Cases: Natural Law and the Duty to Disobey Immoral Laws GabriŽl A Moens
13.The Jurisprudential Battle over the Character of a Nation William Wagner
Part 4: Utilitarian and Economic Theories of Law
14.Utilitarianism and Liberty James Allan
15.Liberty, Law and Economics R Ian McEwin
16.Law as Voluntary Enterprise Francesco Parisi
Part 5: Contemporary Threats to Freedom under Law
17.Contemporary Radicalism and Legal Theory Alice Erh-Soon Tay and Eugene Kamenka
18.The Financial Meltdown and its Threat to Freedom under the Law Marc de Vos
Part 6: Rights and Liberties
19.Connecting the Hohfeldian Boxes: Towards a Technical Definition of Liberty Ben Brazil
20.The Erosion of Property Rights and its Effect on Individual Liberty Lorraine Finlay