Elder Law in Australia, 2nd Edition
|Author(s) :||Lewis, R|
|Short Description :||Click here to see a Book Review
This book is also available in eBook format.
Bundle the hardcopy with the eBook to save 75% on the 2nd copy.
|Format :||Practitioner & Academic, Softcover|
|Published :||November, 2011|
Written in clear and accessible language, the text surveys a number of topics unique to the elderly including: mistreatment in aged care, elder abuse, discrimination, capacity to execute legal documents and challenges to wills and estates.
This second edition has been updated to reflect recent changes to legislation and case law. It incorporates new commentary on intergenerational property transfer, statutory wills and the claims and entitlements of veterans. The sensitive issues of advance medical directives and termination of medical treatment are also explored.
- Draws together all the major areas of law impacting on elderly Australians and their families
- Identifies areas requiring consideration when advising elderly persons
- Clearly structured and easy to understand
3. Legislating for Elder Law
4. Promises, Promises
5. Privacy and Confidentiality Issues
7. Liability Issues in Elder Law
8. Issues of Life and Death
9. Elders and Family Law
10. Care and Accommodation for Elders
11. Delegation and Capacity
12. Financial Issues
13. Making Wills
14. Family Provision: Challenging Wills